Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ready to come home






Well, it's 8:30 California time and I can barely keep my eyes open. It's been one looong week! I miss my family, my bed and my car :) We arrive in Virginia around 11 p.m. tomorrow, and I can't wait!

Even though it's been a long week, it's been a very successful (and fun!) week. We have really branched out and tried some new companies that we think you will love. If you look at the list to the right, you will probably see some companies on there that you've never heard of before. Plus, we're ready to try some techniques that are a little outside of our comfort zone. Tim Holtz showed us how to use crackle paint, grungeboard, and distress ink in ways we never knew. We'll show you what we've learned, in addition to showing you new uses for paint daubers, glitter and flocking. It's good to step outside of the box sometimes and learn new, exciting techniques. Some of them are so easy that you sort of have an 'a-ha' moment. Like, hey...I should have thought of that!

Some highlights today...lots of bling at Prima! See the flourishes on the 'you're beautiful' layout above? All bling..one giant piece of flourish bling. Very, very cool. There were LOTS of new items at Prima - it was hard to have any self control!

The 'always' layout above displays Doodlebug's new crushed velvet paper. It comes in all different colors and is awesome. I can't wait to use some of the new 12" QuicKutz border dies on this paper!!

Well, I'd love to write more but I seem to keep zoning out b/c I'm exhausted :)

Oh...one more thing...Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow! The code word for the day is Cupid. Buy any of the Valentine collections (paper and/or embellishments) and take 25% off each item.

We'll see you soon and can't wait to share our experiences!

No comments: